Saturday, October 8, 2011

9 Hours to Race Time

I'm about to hit the sack for some restless sleep... It's always that way for me before race day.   I cannot wait to put my training to the test against the Marathon here in Chicago.   I've just spent the last couple hours looking over my last 4 months.... close to 20 weeks.  Without a doubt it's the best running I have ever done in my life.    The race doesn't always validate the training, but the training sure as hell gets you ready for the race.

Looking back over the last 20 odd weeks, I know I took myself to that edge of doing as much as I could in preparation for tomorrow.   I might have done too much.   I also have a three week taper to thank for finally feeling like I'm at 100% again.     

Tomorrow is race day.   

Like Oregon Coach Bill Bowerman said:  
"The real purpose of running isn't to win a race; it's to test the limits of the human heart."

I can't wait.

Below is a link to my training log for those curious to see exactly how i've been spending my time in running shoes leading up to Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment